- Monogrammed Goods: Due to the customized nature of monogrammed goods, we are unable to offer refunds on any item which has been monogrammed.
- Custom Goods: We are unable to offer refunds on custom ordered goods, unless there is a defect in craftsmanship, which will be ascertained by and at the discretion of Maycomb Mercantile.
- A damp cloth should be enough to take care of surface dirt & debris, but saddle soap can be used sparingly to help clean & condition most non-suede leather.
- To protect your leather items from liquids and other potential staining or marring agents, consider visiting your local leather care professional to obtain a spray-on protectant. We've heard great things about Collonil, but cannot speak from personal experience. We, at Maycomb Mercantile, prefer to not treat our leather goods with protectant products, but rather embrace the signs of use that are sure to occur.
About our Leathers:
- Maycomb Mercantile makes every effort to source the finest quality leathers from local sources and US tanneries. We use leathers from Horween, Wickett & Craig, Herman Oak, as well as a few other small suppliers.
- Leather is a natural product which in most cases will have some evidence of the life lived by the animal from which the leather came. Whether from branding irons, barbed wire, or insect bites, the little imperfections are just part of using leather which isn't 'corrected' or processed to the point of removing some of the hide.
- While the tanneries we use try their best to produce the most pristine leather hides, there are often areas of the hide, both front and back, which have some variation in color, feel, texture, and spotlessness.
Monogramming is an imperfect art. The monogram's color, depth, and overall appearance can vary from inch to inch on a given hide. We make every effort to test the hides used for our products to ensure they'll take a good impression and to determine the factors employed when applying the monogram. However, there will be some variation in the monogram's appearance and we are unable to guarantee how the monogram will look once applied. We can however guarantee that if we are not satisfied and believe you, the customer, will not be satisfied, we will not ship or deliver and item until it is satisfactory.